Are you a successful Project Manager looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you have experience in a project management role, customer service or Engineering? Then the Project Manager position with Electro-Mechanical Industries, Inc. (EMI) is the perfect opportunity for you. We are a family owned, custom manufacturer of electrical power distribution equipment located in Plymouth, MN. The company, with 40 years of steady growth and product innovation, provides products and services to commercial and industrial customers throughout the US.
The Project Manager will provide the necessary planning and coordination to ensure the completion of projects that meets or exceeds the customer’s requirements. The Project Manager will accomplish this by setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing the progress of the projects in coordination with members of the EMI team members.
The Project Manager is a full time exempt or non-exempt non-Union position and reports to the Technical Procurement Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Utilize ERP system for order intake, scheduling and customer requirements to assure orders are fulfilled correctly.
• Proactively provides feedback to sales on capabilities associated with equipment, processes and timelines.
• Communicates closely with engineering regarding customer requirements and timelines.
• Work closely with operations on project timelines to meet or exceed the customers’ expectations.
• Interfaces with customers, sales and operations to assure end user needs are on-time and on-budget.
• Develop project plans’ coordinates projects; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
• Monitors project progress for correction and changes as necessary to support customer needs.
• Identify and resolve problems, gather and analyze information, develop and work on resolutions to complete projects.
• Communicate with the shipping department to ensure accurate and timely delivery of product to the customer.
• Participates in resolving customer issues and may act as a liaison in resolving customer complaints.
• Assures company metrics and goals associated with projects are met.
• Foster teamwork and collaboration within EMI and adapt to varying team dynamics.
• Participate in the development and implementation of project management tools, processes and best practices.
• Communicate with suppliers and purchasing to ensure accurate and timely delivery of components.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma required.
• 1-year minimum experience in manufacturing, project management, internship or in an engineering/technical role preferred.
• Basic electrical knowledge and mechanical knowledge preferred.
• Project management training, certification or experience a plus.
• Customer service or technical customer service experience a plus.
• 1-2 years hands on experience working within an ERP system preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal & written).
• Must know, understand and have the ability to implement all aspects of a project, from purchase order through delivery and installation of the product.
• Ability to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities.
• Must be familiar with the manufacturing processes.
• Keen understanding of the customer’s requirements and how to analyze and implement actions to resolve problems.
• The ability to interface with purchasing, production, engineering and management.
• Strong interpersonal skills to support leadership and management.
• Must have the ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
• Highly organized with attention to detail.
• Must be a team player.
• Reliable attendance.
Work performed primarily in an office setting, with minimal noise and occasional “on the shop floor” exposure.
Typical office hours of this position are M-F from 7 am – 4 pm, however to complete job duties and deadlines, this position my require hours outside the typical office hours.
• Regularly required to sit/stand/walk and bend.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to climb, stretch and maneuver on ladders.
• Must be able and willing to travel to job sites, approximately 5% of the time. Hours may be outside of the regular business hours. Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation required.